sexta-feira, 4 de junho de 2010

You´re not our crowd


Listen to that music, Chuck. It´s a carnival! Doesn´t that do something to you? Listen…It´s a beautiful evening, Chuck. The air is warm, the sky is filled with stars…and I got a whole pocket full of tickets to the carnival. Come on, let´s go!
Listen! People are laughing, Chuck. They´re having a good time. You can´t let yourself get into a mood like this. I know you miss your dog.  I miss him too. But if you let yourself get into a mood, no one will want to be around you. No one likes a moody person, Chuck. Take it from me. I learned a long time ago that if you go around in a mood feeling sorry for yourself you do it alone. And I mean alone, Chuck.
(…)

I don´t know. I´ve seen people get sick on merry go rounds and ferries wheels and roller coasters, but you´re the first person I´ve seen get sick going through the turn stile!
We´re having a good time, aren´t we, Chuck?

Does your kind ever think about love, Chuck?
-          What do you mean, my kind?
I´m sorry. I didn´t mean to put it that way. No offense. I apologize. Friends?
You touched my hand, Chuck.
You kinda like being with me, don´t you, Chuck?
What do you think love is, Chuck?
-          Well, years ago, my dad owned a black 1934 two-door sedan.
What´s that got to do with love?
-          Well, this is what he told me. There was a real cute girl, see? She used to go for rides with him in his car, and whenever he called for her, he would always hold open the car door for her. After she got in and he had closed the door, he´d walk around the back of the car, to the driver´s side, but before he could get there, she would reach over and press the button, locking him out. Then, she´d just sit there and wrinkle her nose and grin at him. That´s what I think love is.
Sometimes I worry about you, Chuck. 

Snoopy Come Home - 1972

Nenhum comentário: